Thursday, September 27, 2007

Something to write about.

Have you ever been in one of those moods. The mood that makes you feel totally inadequate?

I was crossing the street tonight. It was dark outside and I was wearing a black sweatshirt. A pickup truck was coming up pretty fast to my right. It was one of those moments where they had just come from a stop sign so they were accelerating. The girls with me sped up to cross to insure their safety. I walked the same speed the whole way. At that one moment I would have been fine with that truck hitting me.

I was thinking about it while I was walking around campus, yesterday. If I were to get hit by a car, or a bus, I wouldn't want to die, but I most definitely wouldn't want to be fine. It's one of those things that would change your whole life...or what's the point. I know that sounds completely morbid.

I can assure you I don't want to die. I don't want to get hit by a bus or a car either. For some reason, though, these thoughts crossed my path.


It's just been one of those days, I guess.

I feel as if I haven't met enough people. Like my friendships should already be established, a month in. I hate that. Starter friends. It kinda sucks a lot. Heh- what great writing rhetoric I have, right?

I'm so used to staying out until three in the morning having all sorts of sober fun. Not here, though. If it were a Friday night back home, I would be sitting in a movie theatre, watching the previews. Around here everyone is out with their "other" friends, or sleeping, or who fucking knows. This is the time I feel most alone. It helps that I, obviously, am alone. I'm sitting in an empty room, listening to chick folk (Mirah).

So what to do? Get a job? Tried. Join a club? Tried that too.

For now, I guess, I'll just have to stick it out.


TGIF tomorrow.









Oh yeah, no one reads this... :(

No comments: