Friday, March 27, 2009

Adventures of a Thursday Night

There's something about the adventures and misadventures of pulling an all-nighter with good friends that is extremely enticing.

Last night had a mist of excitement in the air, even before I had any solid plans.  The night started with a B-roll movie at Replay, a small entertainment exchange in downtown East Lansing.  Basically this event consists as follows:
a.  You hang out with a bunch of hipsters, nerds, and people of all different breeds.
-It's really rather relieving being in an environment with a bunch of people who normally wouldn't fit in the same social circles.
b.  You watch a crappy B-roll movie
-Movies that kind of suck, and are very raw and 'edgy'.
c. You vocally criticize and narrate the film as it plays, commonly making fun of it.
-This also fits into the category of meeting new people because you converse with those around you

Basically, it was a great experience.  I was expecting a bunch of nerdy gamer kids, but there happened to be a lot of really cool people there, not to mention the most adorable 'shy-guy' I've ever met.

***

Once we left Replay, I headed over to BJ-M's, where I met Bethany, one of my tightest girl friends.  We hung out, watched movies, watched Tales From the Crypt, and just had a good, relaxed time.  Around 5 AM Bethany and I decided a McDonald's run was in order on the way home considering that they were now serving breakfast, however BJ-M, being the douche bag we all love and adore, wanted us to pick him some up and drop it off, which was completely out of the way.  After much bickering we decided not to go to MD's.  Then, as if a fluke, on the way home Bethany turns to me and says, "Lets go to McDonald's and just not tell BJ-M".  At that moment Bethany became my new favorite person.

***

We walk into McDonalds.  I was rather loopy do to the time, and Bethany was still a bit intoxicated, and by a bit I mean adorably tipsy.  As we enter we are addressed by some guys who appear to be intoxicated, but we aren't sure.  They greet us and then invite us over for beer pong...at 5 in the morning.   We are then sure.  I politely decline for us, since Bethany had an 8 AM this morning, and they weren't very nice after that.  They left.

We then order, get our food and sit.  Two adorably drunk boys enter and ask us if they could join.  We obliged and chatted.  Not going to lie, I would have loved to hang out with them even though it was ridiculously later... or early.  We  exchanged digits and dropped the boys off at their house.

***

Nights like last make me happy to be young.  I dread the day that I have to go to bed at promptly 10 PM, after reading a book like "How to Battle Being Middle-Aged".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mc Donald's when drunk is the best. And so is Mc Donald's when you are hungover.