Monday, March 16, 2009

My Trip!

Well- London was amazing.  I'm already counting down until summer.

Paris was... an experience.

The second we got off the train we were bombarded by gypsies begging for money.  I didn't feel as safe or comfortable as I did in London.  The hotel we were at was on a shady street, but luckily we found the nicer areas surrounding it.

We stayed in Montparnasse, Paris.  The first night we went to dinner in the area.  I fell in love with every waiter we had there.  They were adorable.  The second day we did a bunch of touristy things.  We started with Musee D'orsay to see a bunch of the famous impressionist paintings.  Then we went to the Eiffel Tower, Arch De Triumph, Champs-Elysees, etc.  We ended the day at Sacre-Coeur, which is a church in Montmarte (the highest point in Paris).  The last day was dedicated to shopping.

Overall Paris was pretty okay, but I still liked London better.

I'd go into more detail about it but we did and saw so much that it would be impossible to cover all of the bases.

I will say that my brother's roommate is the most adorable Jewish English boy I've ever met- plus his family is in the diamond business- can you say catch?!

It was a good time.  I'm not looking forward to getting back into the whole school thing :(

1 comment:

Jess said...

I was in Paris a few years ago and I agree with you. I preferred London, for sure.

Uhhh...an adorable boy whose parents are in the diamond business. Please jump all over that.