Friday, November 16, 2007

Birth <---> Death

Last night, before I went to bed, I was talking to my mother on the phone. My cousin, Tasha, is having a baby. She's due any day now, and we were talking about if I'm going to be able to get work off or not. We decided that if I asked today at work about it, they'll probably let me go home if she happens to go into labor this weekend, so I wouldn't have to work my sunday shift. Well, a couple hours after our phone conversation I went to sleep. The phone conversation must have been in my sub conscious because I dreamt that I had to skip work, however, not for a baby, but rather for a death. Not only was it one death, but two deaths. The first was my step-aunt, Sheryl. I rarely ever see her, and we aren't close by any means. The other death was less clear. I know it was a grandparent of some sort, and I know it was on my mom's side, but I just don't know if it was my grandma (who is still living, and whom I really don't think it was) or if it was my grandpa (who is already dead, so it wouldn't make much sense). The whole thing kind of scared me. Now I'm kind of on edge every time my phone rings...



On a completely unrelated note, I can't wait to go home for Thanksgiving! I know I've been blogging about this a lot, but it is honestly my favorite holiday. Super stoked.

You know what I haven't written in a while...poetry. I miss it.

"Friday Shift"

Vinyl on metal
chipped paint everywhere
Constant vibrations of treadmills
Running, running
Lifting (too much) lifting
House of power


That is dedicated to this gym job I do every friday, that keeps me writing.

No comments: