Wednesday, February 18, 2009

He's my Best Friend

I have a problem.


I can't tell anyone I know about it, either...






I have a crush on my current best male friend.

Yes, he's a film club guy; Yes, he's hilarious; and yes, he treats girls that aren't his friends (the ones he 'dates') like objects.

Obviously he's what I look for in a guy.

The thing that sucks most about it is I know how he is.  I know that if we were to ever hook up, for instance, he would go tell his friends all about it later (I've been present for those day after dish parties, if you will).  I know that he's a complete man whore who thinks solely with his dick.

Are you seeing where the problems lie?  The thing is, he's such a genuine friend, the kind that would do ANYTHING for me at the drop of a hat.

I've known I have a crush on him for a while now... oh I'd say at least for a month if not more.  I just can't bring myself to really admit it... That's why I'm doing it here.

I know if I go dish to any one of my girl friends they'll either A. Tell him when I'm not there, or B. Give me the long laundry list why it would never work, the first reason mainly being the fact that he would NEVER see me that way.

This I know.  Which, of course, poses another problem-  How do I get over it?

The whole distancing thing won't work this time, he's literally one of my best friends and he's a film boy so by doing that I'd be committing social suicide, sentencing myself to a semester of sitting alone in my room doing homework.

Finding another guy would be promising if there happened to be other guys that exist somewhere on this campus that aren't attached, assholes, or gay.

What does a girl do when she falls for her best friend?

No comments: