Saturday, February 7, 2009

Yet Another 48/5

Did I say that this weekend was going to be fun? I'm sorry to have mislead you.  I meant it was going to be stressful, and it has been.

Lets start with yesterday:

48/5 begins at 6.  The elements are as followed:
Prop:  Remote control
Location: Bowling Ally
Line of Dialogue: "You're running out of gas"

 We all meet for our collaboration dinner over drinks, cigs, and food.  We talked for about 3 hours and came up with the perfect idea that everyone agreed on.  At the very end of the meeting a person throws out a new idea, and last minute, without any prep or development they decide to use it.  Fuck.

A couple of us go back to BJ-M's place to write the script around 9 PM.  We decide, since it was so sudden, to write both ideas.  We end up writing 5 scripts.  Around midnight we get into deep conversation about our first idea that we had at the collaboration meeting.  Sounds like we're going to use it.  Then we read the second script idea that they came up with last minute- they decide to use it.

The kid who wrote it leaves and we all start talking about the script.  We decide to go back to the first idea.  It's now about 1:45 AM.  There are some issues, so they think, with the script.  We re-write it.  It's now 3 AM.  The guys aren't happy with it.

This is where EB gets crabby from being up until 3:30 AM and decides to say 'fuck it' and leaves.

I go home, knowing I need to be up at 8 AM to meet at the bowling ally to film.  Set my alarm.

I wake up and it's bright outside- look at my phone and it's turned off!  It was 11:30 AM and I had about 10 missed calls/texts.

Run to the  bowling ally only to find out that they wrote a completely new script.  Good stuff.  

Everyone was stressed, exhausted, but filming went great.

Now I'm at work, knowing I need to be up early again tomorrow to complete our 48/5...

Lets just hope we are rewarded in the end, if not with a 1st place prize, then at least with the fact that we beat out the two professional production companies that entered the competition.

No comments: