Sunday, December 23, 2007

Found.

I found my journal that goes from April of 2006 until May of 2007. I haven't read it yet, but I'm interested in how much progress, I've made in my life since then, and what problems I've resolved since then, and also, what problems have erupted since then.

The other night I was hanging out with my cousin and she had three or four, rather large boxes in her closet. When I had asked what they were she had told me they are memories from her life. So we decided to go through one of the boxes and in it was a bunch of old journals. We read a couple of them and it was so interesting to take a step back into the mind of a child. I feel kind of sad that I didn't hold on to old memories. I mean I have a letter box from when I was younger that holds a bunch of old letters and some cards, but other than that, nothing really. The letter box is actually really special to me.

When I was a little kid I had this nanny, Ruth. She was this big old woman, who had this huge boisterous voice. When I was little I was actually kind of scared of her; she could be harsh. I really did love her though, looking back. Well one day she brought me an old cigar box. Her and I sat down, and spent hours decorating it with construction paper, lace, gems, mini porcelain objects, and a bunch of other stuff. Ever since I've stashed my letters in it. Thinking about it makes me pretty sad, actually. Ruth passed away when I was 12 or 13. Whenever I see that box I think of her, though. She even wore this gold necklace around her neck that had to capitol letters, "B". It stood for 'Big Bitch'- no joke. We always laugh about that, to this day.

It's weird looking back...

No comments: