Thursday, December 13, 2007

Well...

I'm home. Already, I'm bored. I feel like I always want to come home, but when I get here, I realize life goes back to being uneventful. It feels like a waste of time to just stay in and watch TV. I want to get out, and see my friends, but I also want to be back in EL, living that life. It's weird, because even though I don't have a best friend in EL, I know no one else has a one either, because it's still new. But here, I mean, I have Loren. But she has Jesse. I love Jesse, and I love Loren, but I still feel like somewhat of a third wheel, lame I know. Then I have Steph, and unlike Loren and Jesse, she doesn't try to make time for me, because of Adam. I don't really have 'single' friends here, which makes it hard.

I also feel like I put way too much emphasis on trying to find a significant other. I know I should focus on school. At the same time, I'm aware that a LOT of people meet their wives/husbands in College. So if I don't put any focus on it, and I only focus on school, sure I'll be successful- but I'll never meet someone. What's success if you can't share it with someone?

The holidays don't help. It's the season of love, where everyone gets with their SO and bring in the new year with a kiss. I've NEVER had someone to bring in the new year with like that. I know I need to get out and try and meet more people, but it's a lot harder than it seems...


And it leaves me here. Alone, bored, with no solution.

No comments: