Monday, September 29, 2008

A Blog About Blogging

That's right. A Blog about blogging. I'd just like to say, ever since I revamped my blog (I like the results, minus the tiny font it's not letting me change :-/) I've noticed myself constantly on the look out for funny conversations, day to day events, or other situations that I can write about for you fine people to enjoy. A lot of the things that go on in my life, i'd like to think, are blog-worthy. I have gotten myself into some incredibly hilarious situations.

However, last year I got myself in some trouble with blogging when I vented about issues going on involving other people- I said some nasty things and, apparently, those people's friends were reading my blog and then had them check it out. I've learned my lesson from that, but I also wonder, where is the line drawn at writing about situations that happen to you, that involve other people- that can be humorous and not offensive, and blogging about situations that could embarrass said party?

Something my roommate last year mentioned to me, which is great advice, is that she would always change the names of people she wrote or journalized about. It was funny because it kind of foreshadowed the actual event where I hadn't changed names and got myself in trouble.

I digress.

I could change the names, however if the people actually read it, they'd still know it was about them. I mean, the situations I'm thinking about aren't things that could actually hurt the person- only help them in the sense that they get a glimpse of how I view the "friendship" we have, or read about a day to day interaction I've had with them. IF they said something stupid I could understand them being embarrassed about it being in public for people to read about, however, if their name is changed no one would actually know it's them...

Do you see the catch 22?

I guess I'm going to have to leave a disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: This blog is an uncensored view of my life, events that take place in it, conversations I have, things i've found funny, situations I or my friends get me into, etc. etc. If I write about you (changing your name of course) and you don't want people to know you said something stupid, or we got into a fight, or you really did fuck that fat chick that one time, then don't fess up and tell people you're the one with the name changed. Otherwise- FAIR GAME.


Okay- that was a little harsh- but I think you get my point- I won't be blatantly mean saying so and so was a bitch etc. etc. as long as you can handle me using your shortcomings at humor and entertainment for the readers-sake ;-)

I think that's good enough; covers all my bases.

No comments: