Monday, September 22, 2008

The Soundtrack To My Life

Well, it's a new day and I'm feeling good. Aside from the fact that I'm overwhelming myself with procrastination for my exam on Thursday. I should be studying but instead I'm freaking myself out about the exam. That's right- instead of actually studying for it- I'm just complaining about it. Oh well.

So today has been, fan-freaking-tastic. There is no sarcasm there. I slept in, I took my time doing my hair, I went to class and sat next to the cutest little asian girl (she even befriended me, and invited me for traditional chinese food and tea- SCORE!), and then I came home, went to the bank, and here I am. A very chill, mild, laid back day. Congrats, to me.


If you could pick the soundtrack to your life thus far, what would it be? I've been thinking about this a lot lately, yet every time I try to craft it I notice all my songs are about unrequited love- epic fail in my opinion. I'm finally going to just do it- craft it and try to make it as less 'emo' as I can.

1. Be Here Now- Ray LaMontagne
This song has the best introduction- it just builds and builds. It's the perfect start to the soundtrack of my life. Not to mention the lyrics take over with "Don't let your mind get weary..." etc. etc. It's just great.

2. Put Your Records On- Corinne Bailey Ray
It's happy, it's sunny, it reminds me of children playing- it goes here in my soundtrack with my adolescence.

3. Follow You Down- Gin Blossoms
Remember how popular this song was in the 90's? 'Nuff said.

4. Such Great Heights- Postal Service
Remember that time when you're in middle school and there's that one boy that you absolutely think you love, even though you don't. I'd imagine this would be the kind of song I'd listen to over and over again thinking about him being with you.

5. Delicate- Damien Rice
This song describes that actual relationship part of one of my relationships.

6. Screaming Infidelities- Dashboard Confessional
The break up aftermath.

7. Cannonball- Damien Rice
The "getting over you by listening to music" phase.

8. Dreaming With A Broken Heart- John Mayer
The "come back to me please" song- that you then realize- isn't going to bring them back.

9. Love Is A Battlefield- Pat Benatar
Every girl better know these words.

10. Someone Somewhere- Jason Reeves
The song you listen to when you know, it will work out, maybe it didn't last time, but eventually, you'll find someone just right.

11. Recommendations- Mirah
Insert "random dance break" here.

12. Don't Stop Believing- Journey
My "reach for the sky" song.

13. Seventeen Forever- Metrostation
Sometimes everyone wishes they could have stayed 17 forever.

14. California- Joni Mitchell
Every girl should have at least one Joni Mitchell song on their life soundtrack

15. Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice
Just because everyone needs a rap song in their soundtrack

16. My Best Friend- Weezer
I have friends like this :-)

17. Winding Road- Bonnie Somerville
This is my 'wind it down' song

18. Hands Down- Dashboard Confessional
This is the perfect ending song.



I suggest everyone goes through their iTunes and picks their songs. It feels great to realize that more of your songs are happy than sad :)

No comments: