Friday, September 26, 2008

TGIF

Happy Friday all of you out there in Blogger-land!! So i've discovered that people actually read this! For those of you reading this, I really hope that you enjoy it. I also want to apologize for the mess of a blog that it is. I'm very ADD and I'm sure that shines through in my blogging.


On that note- So in case you all didn't know, I live off-campus at my University in an apartment. I have three roommates, and they are all guys. Going into it, my biggest thought was, "yay! all boys- no drama!" This, actually, for the most part, rings true- go me! However, sometimes it can be really awkward/funny.


I don't really know how the guys think of me (all of them being friends of mine from last year) so I just assume that they think of me as a girly-girl- the kind that doesn't poop/fart/burp/make messes. I'm sure, by now, they've learned that I'm not the tidiest of roommates, but I do/try my best. Of course- this is just howI think that they think of me. In reality, they probably just think of me as one of the guys- but for the purpose of the story- lets say they consider me a girl ;-)

So last night Roommate A was just relaxing, Roommate B was entertaining a lady, and Roomie C was sleeping. Me, being the girl that I am, didn't think about buying a plunger when I went shopping for the apartment (it's 4 bed, 4 bath, so we all have our own bathrooms). This proved to be a mistake because last night my toilet decided to clog. I'm not going to lie, I got really embarrassed. In my mind the guys think girls don't clog toilets- they just think girls sit there and look pretty and that's the extent of it. By the time I finally got my nerve up to go ask one of the roomies for a plunger, A (who I'm closer with) and C (who I have sort of a weird history with) were both asleep. So I go to Roomie B. Well he had K (the girl) here. I was SO embarrassed to have to ask him to borrow a plunger- I think I turned bright red. So he agrees to give it to me, I use it, and I succeed (YAY points for me!). Now here's the part where awkwardness hits. I have to return the plunger. What do I do? Do I just go up to him and say- here's your plunger from last night. I just wish I didn't have to draw more attention to the fact that I clogged my toilet. Of course, I know this is ridiculous because anyone in their right mind wouldn't care if I clogged my own toilet.


It's these little things that make me so self-conscious living with all guys.

Wish me luck- off I go to return the damn thing!

1 comment:

fuzzylightning said...

Silly girl, just return it to his bathroom, lol. Nothing need be said