Sunday, September 28, 2008

Emotional Mothers, Un-home-like Visits Home, And Lonely Texting

Does anyone else's mom get ridiculously emotional at complete random?

My mom and I are talking about how Penny will be recovered in a couple weeks and then she'll come to State. I also mentioned how in the spring I'll help her find a good puppy and then Penny will have a friend on the occasional weekends that I come home. All of the sudden my mother started to burst into tears. "I'm just going to miss her so sooo much," she bawled. Seriously? If you didn't know, my parent's house is only an hour from my University. It's no big deal.

Moms are crazy. For real.

I can't wait to get back to my apartment. Luckily I'm only staying another night here.

Speaking of sleeping at my parent's house, I found it really difficult last night to sleep in my bed and feel at home. I know that's weird since I did live here for 18 years, but it just doesn't seem like home anymore. Needless to say, I ended up passing out on the couch to one of my all time favorite movies, Closer, only waking up to a couple texts in the wee hours of the morning.

Does anyone else experience this? I would call it drunk texting, but I don't think that's necessarily the words I'm looking for. I think I'm these people's lonely textee. As in when it's late at night and they're all alone and bored, I'm the one they turn to to fill that void- but only between the hours of 1:30 and 4 AM. Oh, and of course only on weekends when there isn't a home football game, as in most people go home and there are less parties to attend.

Anyways, more to come on those texts at a later date.

No comments: