Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Dates and a Little Advice


Courtesy of www.everydaypeoplecartoons.com

I can't say that I've ever really been on a first date. When I dated Ex Boy (that's what we'll call him from here on out) we had met at a party, things went on from there, and after he drove me home the morning after on his bike, he found me on facebook and asked me out to ice cream. I don't count that as a first date considering the night's circumstances previous to the 'date', if you will.

There has always been other little flings and such, but never a 'first date'.

What would you consider a first date, though? I consider it taking place after a situation where you meet someone for the first or second time, you find each other interesting, and one of the parties asks the other to dinner/ movie/ bowling/ zoo/ paintball/ chuckEcheese/ skydiving/etc. (I think you get the point)

Maybe this doesn't happen anymore. Maybe I'm so lost when it comes to this kind of stuff that I'm completely off base.

HOWEVER:

My advice to guys-
Hooking up with a girl does not constitute as a first date. Neither does hooking up with her, then taking her out to dinner. If you want to do it 'right', at least what I would consider to be right, the date comes before. If you're truly interested in someone- wait until AFTER a date to bone them. The interest you have in them will just shine through so much clearer.

Not that I'm saying flings/relationships/whatever can't come from a random or not-so-random hook up, but ideally things work out better when sex isn't automatically added into the equation- from my opinion, at least.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hey, just happened upon your blog. To me a date occurs when plans are made ahead of time. Basically what you said.