Monday, December 15, 2008

Date to come

There are a lot of little quirks about me that are sometimes hard to justify, yet, I do my best.

One being my inability to stick to what I say, mainly speaking about conversing with Ex-Boy. Yeah, remember that resolution? I've failed already. I found myself instant messaging him out of boredom. But I do realize this must stop.

It can't be healthy to let this one 8 month relationship to extend awkwardly for over a year. At some point one must move on. That point is now.

The new neighbor guy- Lets call him... ohh Kris? Yes, Kris. Well, Kris and I are going to have a stay-in date tonight. It will consist of season 1 of Entourage, and that's it.

I'm setting rules for myself this time. I've jumped into this kind of thing before, going way too fast, and we all know how that turned out (read: Neighbor boy [the original]).

Rule 1: I've just met this guy, therefore there is no reason to kiss him just yet. That would be moving too fast. No matter how much I want to.

Rule 2: No sleeping over. I don't care if my bed gets lit on fire and his bed is the only one available, and he offers to sleep on the couch- NO SLEEPING OVER.

Rule 3: I'm getting to know him. Thus meaning, I don't know him. No letting my guard down.

Rule 4: The second I find out he's a player, I'm done. I've had enough of those and look where it's gotten me (read: Ex boy, The Let Down, Neighbor boy, Summer Filing)


I know this sound ridiculous- but if I don't set these rules for myself, it'll just end badly.

Post on date 1 to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Looking forward to hearing about the date! I think those rules are totally reasonable. I hope it all works out as you want it to.