Friday, December 19, 2008

This Ship is Shipping On

Today is a new milestone in my life.

Last night we had a little party.  Drunken EB decided to invite over Ex-Boy.

I guess I wasn't really expecting him to show up, but he did.  The party went on.  Nothing really happened, and then it was time for bed.  Throughout all of mine and Ex-Boy's relationship when we were dating I was living in the dorms.  Thus, I would always go to his place and sleep in his bed, not the other way around because I had a roommate.

Last night was the first night that he's ever slept in my bed with me.

If you'd ask me last night before bed if I was going to hook up with my ex, I'm pretty sure the answer would sound something like this, "Ummm, yahhh, wanna shot?!"

However, once we got into bed, something just didn't feel right.  He put his arm around me and we started  to spoon, but even that didn't feel as comfortable and safe as I remember it.  Slowly his arm relaxed away from me, probably when he realized that I wasn't going to make the first move.  We drifted off to  sleep, an entire foot between us.

Early this morning he woke up and left to go to work.  I laid in bed and thought about how I was happy nothing happened.  How I really wasn't as comfortable with him as I used to be.

I think I have finally gotten over Ex-Boy...

..and it feels damn good.

Time to move on, or as one of my favorite music artists (Mirah) would say, "This ship is shipping on".




1 comment:

Jess said...

Good for you!! I'm more interested in hearing about the new neighbour boy anyways!!