Friday, December 5, 2008

Star Status

Lets face it.  When it came to acting in high school I never really had that confidence that probably would have helped me nail every audition.

After doing well in the 48/5, however, I'm feeling that "I'm awesome" feeling.  I don't think it has quite crossed over to cocky yet (although I did make a paparazzi joke in reference to me arriving at a party today) and I'm hoping it never does.

I had two auditions this past week.  One was for a film for an MSU film seminar class.  I think I did well- got a lot of laughs (the roles I auditioned for were comedic).

The other was a for a filmmakers club film being made, of which I really think I nailed.

Two conclusions I've come to:
1.  Confidence makes all the difference- The fact that I'm the only girl in Film Club helps because I get a lot more attention than I'm used to.

2. Acting for film is so much easier than acting on stage-  Stage acting is over dramatized and I always felt like when I auditioned for a stage production I had to a. overact and b. be as 'different' from the others as possible.  With film everything is on much more of a 'real' scale.  No overacting, really, and you don't worry so much about being different from the other auditionees but rather conveying the right emotions.

Lets hope that I get a part in either one.  I'd be happy with either.

And now...I must return to the dreaded accounting- which I only have to worry about for 4 more days before it's out of my life FOREVERRRRR!

No comments: