Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's about that time

It's December 20th.  Christmas is only days away, and the other holidays will come up quite quickly.

In leu of this, I believe it is about that time for this post.  You know, the one about being alone at the holidays.

You see, this is nothing new for me.  I've never been in a relationship during the holidays.  I've never had a boyfriend at Valentine's day (aside from ex-boy who didn't even wish me a happy v-day, let alone take me out).

I'm used to being alone for this.  Usually they are just very festive days of sitting around, bored, watching crappy holiday movies.  Christmas is especially boring considering I'm not christian.

As much as I'm used to this, I have to admit- it still bothers me.  I hate waking up, knowing I will have nothing to do, no one to wrap their arms around me and wish me a happy holidays.

I've learned to depend entirely on blockbuster, chinese food, and my parents.

Lucky for me, this year I have an addition- Penny.  I wonder if dogs really do make good SO* substitutes?

I guess we'll find out.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I hate Valentine's Day, even when I'm in a relationship on that day. It always seems like such a forced and fake day to me.
I do hope you manage to have a good holiday season. Nothing wrong with Chinese take-out and Blockbuster. I hold both of them very close to my heart, in fact!