Thursday, December 11, 2008

Go Red Wings!

The city of Detroit always provides me with the best stories.

So, instead of doing what everyone else at MSU is doing right now, which is studying like crazy for finals, I agreed to accompany my friend, Koz, to the Red Wings Game tonight (last night?).

My schedule for today was- wake up, miss blowing, be hysterical, talk to probation, calm down, go home, go to the wings game, go get food, come back to MSU, and work 3-7 AM.

Not much time for anything remotely resembling sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Koz and I meet up and we drive to Detroit (the Joe Louis Arena) for the game.  For some reason, probably because I've only ever been to a wings game when I was little, I didn't think the JL Arena was in D-twon.  But it is.

So we took the People mover to the arena from where we parked (the ren center).

~~~~~~~~~~

Before we went, Koz had told me our seats are a surprise- knowing Koz I knew this either meant they were really really good, or really really bad.  Well I was lucky- they were really really good.

We were sitting in section 114 (ground section) row 3 (right  behind the goalie) seats 5 and 6.  AMAZING seats.  My pictures turned out awesome.  Not to mention the wings kicked ass- won 4 to 3 in OVERTIME!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the game it's time to try and find our way out of the madness.  First we wait in a ridiculous line for the people mover.  Bad idea.  After thinking about it thoroughly we decide to walk aimlessly around detroit trying to navigate to the Ren Center from Joe Louis.  Not very easy, let me tell you.

We end up deciding to walk through Cobo (some big building in D-Town).  While we are walking a man approaches us.  Of course, he is one of Detroit's finest (a bum). 

Bum:  Everyone needs to get one of these! (holds toothpick up with a little american flag attached)
Koz: (being the sweet guy he is) Thanks!
Bum:  want to make a donation to the vets now?
Koz: I only have a 20 on me
Bum: I have change
Koz: give me 15 back. (bless his soul)
Bum: wanna give me another 5 dollars for your wife?
Me: I don't need a flag, thanks.

So within the course of five minutes Koz got conned into giving this bum 5 dollars.  And we apparently pulled off the married look.  Cute.

We then decided the whole walking idea was, in fact, a bad idea.  So we hopped on the People mover at Cobo.  Finally made it to the car after getting lost inside the ren center, then grabbed a bite to eat at Denny's.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After all of that I drove back to Lansing.  I'm surprised I didn't get into an accident or pulled over considering I was pretty much falling asleep at the wheel.  I had to pull over a couple times to regain my composure.  It was a stressful drive.

The game, however, was totally worth it!

No comments: