Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What Happens After High School

It's so weird how people change after high school. Yet, around Christmas, we all act as if it never happened- as if we never just up and left our lives in our hometowns and went away to university- this will be the second year of that for me.

For me, college couldn't have come soon enough. The friends I have that went to my high school I didn't really become friendly with until I was in college. I mean of course there's the select 3 that are my best friends, whom I've known the longest. Other than that though, I was never real close with anyone.

Being home what else is there to do than see those people. Than learn about their new lives and see how much they've really changed. Not everyone changes in a mental or emotional way though- some changes are more physical.

Me for example- most don't know about 'the surgery' I had after graduation, before college.

A good friend of mine just had a 'surgery' of her own. I must say she looks amazing. It's weird how her life is going to change so much now, not just because of the surgery itself, but mostly just from the extreme amount of confidence that accompanies it.

I'm not condoning plastic surgery (although I pretty much am) but those are the kinds of things that happen after high school, after all those awkward stages, and all.


Change- sometimes it's just strange to think about.

3 comments:

Jess said...

It is strange to think about, you're right. It's inevitable though and most of the time, it's a good thing!
I'm just about caught up on reading and I love your writing! (Nice to have a slack two days at work where I can catch up on your posts!!)

Jess said...

Officially read all your posts.
Love (!) your writing. It's great!

So@24 said...

Man, I think I'm going to experience this very post when I return home this week.

It'll be interesting to see the ch-ch-ch-changes