Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life's Little Annoyances

Today was kind of an annoying day.

I'll start with this morning.  I definitely did not want to wake up this morning.  I stayed out really late at the library last night, didn't get home until 2:3o AMish, and I was just exhausted.  So getting up, was not on my priority of things to do this morning.

I ended up sleeping in, skipping my first class.  I went to my second and class and when I got there I sat in my usual seat.  One thing to know about me is, no matter how annoying the people are that sit around me I still will, for the most part, always sit in the same seat, or close to it, in my lectures.  So I sit down and first I hear these two soWHORity girls chatting away.  If you heard their conversation, you would swear they came right out of Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.  As if how they talked wasn't annoying enough, they just went on and on and on about sorority drama.  I don't have a problem with most sorority girls, but some of them are just SO stupid.  These girls give sororities a bad name.

Once the barbies stopped complaining about sorority drama,  some 'bros' came and sat down next to me.  A question- does anyone else find it annoying when people use the word 'legit' completely abusing its definition?  I do.  I'm sitting there and they are talking about how their friends just found a house for next year, and they're so excited.  Then, one of the bros goes on to say, "Yeah that house is gonna be so legit."  In my mind I think to myself- how the FUCK does a house become 'legit'?  Not only did he say it then, but he used it at least four other times improperly. 

So once class started and all of the annoying people around me shut up (yeah I had no patience today) I noticed my phone, which was on silent, was ringing.  It was an unknown number, so as discretely as possible, I left the lecture hall to go answer it, but I didn't make it!  So now I keep wondering who the hell was calling me from an unknown number :(

When I got home, the kitchen was a mess, the roomies left dirty dishes all in the sink, and I ended up cleaning it all.

I'm hoping tonight isn't as annoying as today was.  I'm pretty much on my last nerve.

No comments: