Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Place to eat, sleep, and f*ck...I mean..

Yes, it is sad, but true.  Next year I will not be living with Roomie A, B, or C.  Here's a recap- Roomie A and I aren't as close as before, we never talk, we never really see each other, I think it's best that we don't live together (I have no idea what he plans on doing for next year).  Roomie B is waiting it out for rent to get cheaper, as well as waiting to see if his girlfriend- part of one of SO@24's definitions of a 'shitty couple'- is going to want to live with him next year, or not.  Either way, I (1) Don't want to live as far from campus as I currently am (even though drunken 7 mile walks home are one of my favorite past-times apparently), and (2) I don't want to live with a 'shitty couple'.  Roomie C, as much as I would love to live with him again, is graduating and leaving me all alone on this small planet we call MSU.  Therefore it is time for me to find someone to live with next year.

If you never went to College, or even, if you never went to MSU, the last week of September leading up to October 19 is the biggest cluster-fuck  for trying to find housing for the following year.  Everyone is picking their roommates and prepping to sign a lease, if they haven't done so already.

Unfortunately for me, it seems all of my friends that I would be willing to live with are either living with their roommates from this year, or already signed leases with other people.  So, I was left high and dry and I'm okay with that. 

I hit up a fancy little MSU website- www.allmsu.com for classifieds and found some great listings for houses, apartments, etc.  One in particular I'm super excited for (if not just because she was one of the only people to have gotten back to me so soon).  It's a two bedroom one bathroom apartment, minutes from campus (yay!), minutes from where all my friends are (double yay!), and, the best part, CHEAP rent!  Not to mention, the girl is super nice, we seem to have stuff in common and we are meeting on Friday to get a coffee and look at the apartment.

Wish me luck- as we all know, last year, going in blind in the dorms, didn't go to well (it's okay, I still love love love Roomie X)!

The only bad part of the whole thing- Penny would not be able to live there with me, that's right it's not pet friendly- nothing is unless I live where I am again- which, I REFUSE.
My mother is gonna be so stoked to get Penny for a full year...boohoo :(


All that matters is I have a place to eat, sleep, and...you know.

2 comments:

So@24 said...

Shitty couples, man. They're everywhere.

Estrella Bella said...

There are way too many. I can only hope I never become part of one.