Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just a Thought

What is it about 'the chase'?  Why is it that we want what we can't have, but the second we find out it's not quite as unavailable as it seems, we've lost all interest?

These questions will probably haunt me for a very long time.  Prior to Ex Boy, this was an issue I possessed myself- in the worst possible ways.  Every guy that came my way- I'd lose interest as soon as I knew I could obtain them.  The Ex Boy was the only exception, and after a while, this issue rang true within him, hence the cheating, then the lousy break up.

I don't think I've gone back to my nasty ways, at least, I won't know if I have or not until there's  someone that is actually obtainable.  But I do notice it still with guys.  A LOT of guys are like this, too- Something about knowing you can't have something makes you want it more.

I guess I can't blame them.  Especially since I used to be like that.  I'm just getting so sick of playing this game all of the time- the game where, "I really want to text him- but I know I should wait 20 minutes so he wonders why I haven't texted him and then he'll want me more" monopolizes on my way of thought.

New philosophy.  If you want to talk to someone of interest- do it.  If you want to hang out with them, call them up and ask.  If you get turned down, take a hint.  But don't wait around thinking it makes you come off even more sexier.  If everyone stopped allowing all this chasing business to go one, finding a good relationship probably wouldn't be as difficult.


Just some food for thought.

No comments: