Sunday, November 9, 2008

Music is my Heroin

Could you ever date someone who didn't like, or listen to, music?

I'm not sure that I could. Although I've gotten behind on keeping up with the latest jams, I still am so passionately in love with all the music I listen to, that I can't imagine someone not listening to it.

For me, music is healing. When I break up with someone, or something doesn't go my way, I turn to it to console me, to help me get through it.

I don't know what I would have done had I not had Bonnie Somerville's 'Winding Road' to get me through my break up with the Ex-Boy. What would I have turned to had I never discover how great Death Cab for Cutie is while walking through campus in the fall?

How is it that I can have a crush on someone who doesn't listen to music, or, dare I say it, doesn't even like music.

Music gets me through my day, and helps me fall asleep at night.

Can you really be compatible with someone who doesn't share, or care to share, a passion with you that you've carried inside of you forever?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree music gets me through the day. Do you like different types of music for different moments? I can't work with chart-type music because I end up typing the lyrics, so I listen to classical music when I'm working - very theraputic!

Jess said...

I could never be with someone that doesn't appreciate music. Almost all the major events in my life have a song associated with them!

Estrella Bella said...

Emma-
I know what you mean about studying- I almost always listen to post rock instrumentals (classical puts me to sleep unless I'm in a certain mood :-/)

But yeah, I listen to soo many different kinds of music to fit my moods, moments, whatever my be going on at that time.

Jest-
It's ridiculous right? I have a crush on a guy who doesn't like music- which I pretty much can consider a deal breaker. It's such a turn off,cause not only does he not like music, but he's not even open to hearing any music. It's quite awful!