Monday, November 3, 2008

Probation.

So, incase you started reading after I wrote about my legal issues, I'll do a little recap.  I was drinking at a football game and got caught by the popo.

Well, I went to court last week, on Wednesday.

For one, let me just say how stupid the state of Michigan is because they're like one of maybe 5 states that has these things called MIPs.  In every other state, if you are caught drinking underage you get a ticket very  similar to a moving violation or parking ticket.  Here, it's considered a misdemeanor, and goes on your record.

The court offered me a  deal (if you can even call it that) in which I complete probation and then my record is wiped  clean.

Can I just tell you all how inconvenient probation is?

It consists of me waking up every morning at 5 AM, and calling a phone number.  If my group number is stated on their little recording thing they have going, then I have to go in between 8 and 9 AM and do a PBT, you might know it as 'blowing'.  

If that's not inconvenient enough, on weekends and holidays, when the court house isn't open, I have to go to the police station that's connected to the court house and actually pay 6 dollars to blow, whereas during the week, in the SAME building, mind you, it costs nothing.

There went 12 bucks this weekend, considering these "random" PBTS were all one after another Halloween weekend- real random.

I don't consider blowing Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, "random".  I would call that continuous, or repetitive.

In addition to doing this little routine everyday for the next 3 months, I also have to take an online test.

Let me just say, As of January 29- I'm going to be getting pretty shitty.

2 comments:

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

I got an MIP when I was 15! I feel your pain!

Estrella Bella said...

Those popo just love to screw people over it would seem.